On Thursday 21st June Baroness Greenfield was invited by Vertex, a neighbouring pharmaceutical company here in Oxford, to give a talk on the ‘Neurobiology of Innovation’: the session focused on key questions surrounding the threats and opportunities for creativity in a changing digital environment impacting on the plasticity of the brain and in turn on how we think and feel. The key questions tackled were:
- Can only biological brains be creative?
- What is the physical basis of each individual mind?
- Will the 21st Century brain be more or less creative
- How can an individual be creative?
- What examples of creativity in science research
The answer to the final question was given with an illustration of the disruptive approach of Neuro-Bio to Alzheimer’s disease. Also representing Neuro-Bio at the event were Dr Garcia-Rates, Head of Drug Discovery and Ms Dominique Kleyn, Commercial Director.