WHY IS THE NEURO-BIO APPROACH DIFFERENT?
- Is based on 40 years of research into novel brain mechanisms that challenges accepted dogma.
- Addresses the question of why only certain cells are primarily vulnerable in AD.
- Pioneers a novel theory of the AD neurodegenerative process that for the first time accounts for all the known clinical facts.
- Identifies the key pivotal, toxic molecule underlying this pathological process
- Demonstrates that this toxin is a feature of the AD brain.
- Is developing a possible blood test whereby this toxic molecule could act as a biomarker.
- Identifies the molecular target (receptor) of the toxin.
- Is designing a blocker of the toxin action at this receptor that could lead to an effective therapeutic drug.
NEURODEGENERATION IS AN INAPPROPRIATE REACTIVATION OF DEVELOPMENT THAT BECOMES TOXIC IN THE CONTEXT OF THE MATURE BRAIN